Saturday April 19, 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm no expert but- Ideas for stage presence.

I'm no expert but- Ideas for stage presence. 2 years 6 months ago #36205

Your use of the space:
The athlete is never alone on stage. Even if you’re the only person on stage, you always have an intrinsic relationship to the space. High status athletes allow their body and their energy to open, and expand into the universe whereas the posture of low status athletes shrink up. Expansion is a manifestation of trust and vulnerability. If you’re open, you’re putting yourself at risk, and we love that shit. Ask yourself these questions, how do you usually relate to the space around you? What is your level of awareness of how your body moves through the space?
Practice your routine with a blindfold on, and you’ll see what I mean about your relationship to the space! :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I'm no expert but- Ideas for stage presence. 2 years 5 months ago #36333

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
  • Thank you received: 28
First of all,,, I miss you and hope to see you back at Lift for Life. You bring a different background and perspective.

Anyway,, I was just thinking about one of your earlier comments about how to get the audience to look where you want them to look. I've seen many athletes point to their bicep or glutes when simply focusing their own gaze toward the desired body part would lead the audience to look where the athlete is looking.
Houdini used this technique once while preforming an escape in broad view of the audience. He continually stared at a distant object and one by one the audience followed suit. He then completed the escape while their attention was diverted.

Brilliant!
Lift for Life - Natural Bodybuilding at it's Finest!
www.liftforlife.com

Re: I'm no expert but- Ideas for stage presence. 2 years 5 months ago #36335

Gee, I was missed? Thanks L4L! I'm still here, I thought I was maybe too all over the forum like an annoying needy stray cat. You know, the one that bugs you for food, and when you feed it it wont go away, which is kind of cute at first until all your neighbors think the mangy cat belongs to you and by then it practically DOES belong to you because, obviously you've been feeding it.
You know, like that.
:)

Re: I'm no expert but- Ideas for stage presence. 2 years 5 months ago #36339

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
  • Thank you received: 28
That's how we ended up with 9 cats,,,,, currently down to six with no plans of adding to the list. Never planned on having that many, it just happened.
Lift for Life - Natural Bodybuilding at it's Finest!
www.liftforlife.com

Re: I'm no expert but- Ideas for stage presence. 2 years 1 week ago #37044

• claire
  • New Trainer
Glad to see you come back here, we miss you and your post so much. :welcome:
  • Page:
Moderators: DFBB76712, Diezel
Time to create page: 0.505 seconds

S5 Box

Please Like Us,,We're New to Facebook

Login Form

The Muscle Maximizer Program