Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: News

News 5 years 2 months ago #22230

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
  • Thank you received: 28
I became so angry when congress passed the first bailout bill that I haven't watched the news since. My rage has been boundless ever since.

Now in in the lounge of a hotel in Cleveland OH,,,,,, and the news in on,,,,,, this could get ugly :fire:

Lift
Lift for Life - Natural Bodybuilding at it's Finest!
www.liftforlife.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:News 5 years 2 months ago #22258

• SCRUBS
  • Totally Natural
I just saw this section, I was going to start a thread about, what did think of that bailout package! LOL. I feel your anger Lift!!!!!!

So much for the great hope! Turns out, he is just another self serving, pork barrel, scumbag, lying politician:nono: Business as usual in Washington:wits:
"Everyone wants to be a bodybuilder, but don`t nobody want to lift no heavy a** weights" Ronnie Coleman

RE:News 5 years 2 months ago #22263

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
So much for the great hope! Turns out, he is just another self serving, pork barrel, scumbag, lying politician:nono: Business as usual in Washington:wits:
I'm beginning to think they all are. The system is corrupt and our politicians act as if they are above the law. I miss the days when I was naive enough to believe that our elected officials were actually looking out for OUR best interest.

Lift
www.liftforlife.com

RE:News 5 years 2 months ago #22350

• Gymdog
  • New Trainer
  • Police Officer (Sorry!)
At least your President is elected. We have Gordon Brown in the UK but not one person has ever cast a vote for him to be our Prime Minister. He was installed as the PM when Tony Blair quit the job and the public have no say until the next election!

Nobody I know has a good word to say for this talentless, self serving, gutless, insincere buffoon and yet here is, leading us to rack and ruin.

It's absolutely mindblowing that the UK isn't actually a democracy at this moment in time! What do you think of that eh:dunno:.....

RE:News 5 years 2 months ago #22353

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
It's absolutely mindblowing that the UK isn't actually a democracy at this moment in time! What do you think of that eh:dunno:....
Wow, that is a tough one.
Though we may have free elections here in the states, I'm not convinced that we have an informed electorate. The media is biased and the slant is obvious.

Even so,,,,, I feel your pain.
What is this world coming to?

Lift
www.liftforlife.com

RE:News 5 years 2 months ago #22396

• Gymdog
  • New Trainer
  • Police Officer (Sorry!)
Its the rules here are that if a PM steps down (and they usually do so after they become completely incompetent, if not corrupt as per the Conservatives of the 1990's) they get to choose their successor.
Thatcher became incredibly unpopular by the end of her time in number 10 so she quit and handed over to John Major who became just as unpopular as he was unique among human beings in that he had no detectable personality. Blair has handed over to Brown after he (Blair) became unpopular with the voters. Many would also argue that the current Labour is becoming more and more corrupt. Brown has managed to start his term with the distinction of being unpopular from the very outset, without the usual honeymoon period enjoyed by such leaders.

So out of our last 4 Prime Ministers a mere 2 have been elected!!!!

In my humble opinion if a PM steps down then there should be an immediate general election. What are the rules in the US?

RE:News 5 years 2 months ago #22397

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
Only 5 US Presidents have reached the office without having been elected. The most recent was President Gerald Ford. This is made possible via the 25th amendment to our constitution
The Twenty-fifth Amendment (Amendment XXV) to the United States Constitution deals with succession to the Presidency and establishes procedures both for filling a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, as well as responding to Presidential disabilities.
Gotta love Wikipedia.

Typically, Presidents are elected, and hopefully it will stay that way :)

Lift
www.liftforlife.com
  • Page:
Moderators: DFBB76712, Diezel
Time to create page: 0.554 seconds

S5 Box

Please Like Us,,We're New to Facebook

Login Form

The Muscle Maximizer Program