Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Full Squat/Glute workout = Big "butt"

Full Squat/Glute workout = Big "butt" 4 years 2 weeks ago #30497

• Diezel
  • Network Engineering
  • Thank you received: 8
Hey all

Just though i'd make a poll about glute workouts. My view on this personally is that
i don't want a big behind. so i only do hack squats, leg extensions and leg curls
(full squats only focusing on the quads).. my concern is that i may be missing out
on some growth elsewhere. So i'd like to know who of you work them out and
how :)

enjoy the poll
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Full Squat/Glute workout = Big "butt" 4 years 2 weeks ago #30507

• DFBB76712
  • Cable/Phone/Internet, part-time Personal Trainer
Hey Diezel,

I have wanted to address this for a while and just never gotten around to it. First, I have a large rear end and have genetically my whole life. Always did, probably always will but when I'm in contest shape, it gets smaller & more cut. This year I hope to striate it. But you have to have some muscle on your backside to striate. If you have no butt, you probably won't striate. Now in the last 3 years, I've fallen in love with the glute/hamstring raises. You can see me doing some on my facebook gym link below. They easily helped me put over 100 lbs on my squat one year. You need your glutes & hams to squat well.

My thought is that the butt is another muscle and should be in peak perfection when you go across stage. In fact, if it's in shape, it often helps decide a contest as opposed to the saggy butt I've taken on stage before and I see at almost every contest. If you avoid it, it will be a weak point at least in looks and possibly an injury waiting to happen.

Just my opinion. Check out the raises and see if they're something you could try at your homegym?

Kevin
Kevin Parker
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waco-TX/Lil-Diesel-Gym/148484752002?ref=mf
Lil Diesel Bodybuilding Ministry

RE:Full Squat/Glute workout = Big "butt" 4 years 2 weeks ago #30510

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
  • Thank you received: 28
This is funny because I went from one extreme to the other. In my youth I was teased for not having a behind.

Then,,,,,,, heavy squatting did something that I never thought possible and before long (no offense to anyone) people were telling me that I had the butt of a black man:o

Latter it was said that I had the butt of a black woman :hmm:

But (spelled with only one "t") people (by people I mean women) seemed to like my butt (two 't's) and I got a lot of complements :D

Bottom line, I agree with Kevin. If its a muscle, it should be worked and deep squats seem to do the trick.

Lift
Lift for Life - Natural Bodybuilding at it's Finest!
www.liftforlife.com

RE:Full Squat/Glute workout = Big "butt" 4 years 2 weeks ago #30517

• Diezel
  • Network Engineering
  • Thank you received: 8
Thanks for the feedback gentlemen, i've been avoiding them, the wide stance squatting and have been doing mostly hack squats and squatting with my legs facing forward and a little closer together to try and isolate the glutes..i already have a bigger "behind" and i'd prefer not to make it any bigger, but it's probably all if not mostly fat. I miss that next day pain after having worked the glutes/hams hard during those nice full squats though.. i'm also looking to get a leg/press machine

RE:Full Squat/Glute workout = Big "butt" 4 years 2 weeks ago #30582

the reason you got a fat behind is due to what goes into your mouth lol, deep squats will only further cause a problem by shaping an already fatty glute into an even more bigger looking glute..

dnt worry I have had this problem, since dieting its reduced, i dont even wide squat anymore as its not great for leg development for me, i like smith front squats deep for overall glute and quad development...................

Re: RE:Full Squat/Glute workout = Big "butt" 2 years 1 month ago #36918

• fizzie
  • New Trainer
One that we used to do back in the day was what was called the sissy squats basically holding a barbell behind our backs and squat. Balance was tricky at first so I suggest set out light. However when you get used to them it doesnt half make the thighs scream.
fizzie

the only way to squat 2 years 1 month ago #36919

• Cytrainer913
  • Super Natural
  • Health and PE teacher
  • Thank you received: 14
Let me tell you where most issues occur, it's usually not in the front side but in the posterior chain, the glutes and hammies that usually lack in most that train athletically or for bodybuilding.

I would stress this area to most, like the women who want to tighten up their backside, get deep or don't get all the muscle involved, especially the ones they want to get emphasized. These glutes really grow in the right way in a nice round backside moving out towards the back not out wide, which to me is a good thing in any development of the legs!

and if you run this deep enough the knees don't get killed either. deep=good knees too!
Craig Yarnall, CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro
"Want a Bigger BODY, shut up and SQUAT, DEEP!!!!"
"Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder"
"Train Hard and Stay Natural"
"Dr. Joe, Jr."

Re: the only way to squat 2 years 1 month ago #36940

• veganbodybuilder
  • Athlete
  • None
  • Thank you received: 2
I used to avoid squats when I was younger, because my butt and inner thighs seemed to be getting too large. (Plus I can't say that I enjoyed squatting.) I was also eating too much for sure. In my older years, I'm much leaner and I hit the squats hard all the time. No crazy butt growth like when I was younger. I think your caloric intake makes a *huge* difference. As a side note, somehow I actually learned to like squats. A leg day just doesn't feel right without them!
  • Page:
Moderators: DFBB76712, Diezel
Time to create page: 0.562 seconds

S5 Box

Please Like Us,,We're New to Facebook

Login Form

The Muscle Maximizer Program