Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 12 workouts a year

12 workouts a year 2 years 2 months ago #36784

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
Thats right, I'll only be training with the weights 12-times this year (or less).

I did some experimenting the last half of 2011, I waited longer and longer between workouts, and guess what, I improved from the last workout.

My goal is to train as hard as possible in the 20-rep squat followed by a hard deadlift set, touch and go never letting go of the bar. Doing this every 7-10days, I lost BW and strength, so I waited 15-days, then 16,17 ect., I'm not lifting for up to 23-24 days now.

Gotta say it's pretty cool, I don't ever have to "make time to train" anymore.

My reasons for even training with weights and this fashion is physical and mental toughness, it helps with a hard labor job, and a hard life.

nothing preps us up better for being tough as a hard,heavy 20-rep squat.

someone once said the pullover was the "upper-body squat" IMO high deads touch and go never lettin' go is the upper-body squat for me, really hits the lower-arms and grip, plus the entire back, it even hardens up the chest.

A trained and conditioned person will not loose gains in weeks or even months (MONTHS)!!!

I'm only posting to see how it goes, and how far I'll go with it, (as far as adding reps and weight) but eithier way I'm forever a "once a month weightlifter".
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cold Water Theropy 2 years 2 months ago #36792

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
When my hot water heater went-up in nov. I decided to try and take a cold shower.

For years I read and thought about this, old-time physical cultural, plus some reading on General Patton, now many of these men just didn't have heated water.

however after doing this just once, WOW! this is good stuff, ice cold water makes me feel alive, it also relieves aches,pains, and headaches, and gets the blood circulated, and makes us TOUGHER. very important for 20-rep squats, and life.

I've done this everynight for 2-months now, I don't think I'll ever use warm water again.

Re: January workout 2 years 2 months ago #36797

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
gosh, I love it, I've ONLY trained once this whole year sofar.

standing overhead pressing (no pushing with legs)
106x8, 110.5x3

(I'm very,very weak at presses) (I'm just weak at everything else)

squat-
165x2
198x2

220x20

deadlift- 297x7

okay on the 20rep squat, it's been over a year since I've been strong enough to gut out 20reps with 220, Last workout I squatted 14reps, here I wanted to quit at 15, but cranked out 5-more, I got more reps in the deads lasttime, but the squats were more intense this time around.
normally I would add 10lb and crank out 5-6more reps, but man I was done.

legs were only very sore 1-day, 48hours after workout, this is good, I need to be functional everyday, now I know I can maybe push even harder on squats.

I guess if I train HARD consistant my legs just get a tad more sore than normal even though I rest over 3-weeks.

BW 169lb

see ya at the end of feb.!!!

Re: January workout 2 years 2 months ago #36817

• veganbodybuilder
  • Athlete
  • None
  • Thank you received: 2
Regarding the ~once per month intense training idea, even Mike Mentzer would not approve. Either you're in the process of discovering something new and important, or you're a crazy person. Regarding very cold showers, be careful -- it can be stressful to your heart (seriously).

Re: 12 workouts a year 2 years 2 months ago #36853

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
I'm not crazy. Yes I'm on to something new here, I quit reading all the training hype and I'm figuring it all out.
...if anything this keeps me sane, all the hype made me a tad obbsessed.

it is HARD not to train for 20+days, only because I did it for so many years, and all the hype told me "thats how it's gotta be" habbits are hard to break, just like eating every 2-3hours.

not saying anyone should try this eithier, most will loose gains "at first" (don't want peeps mad at me).

NOT NEW 2 years 2 months ago #36860

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
I'm wrong, this is not new, well the longer rests may not be published, but my approch is nothing new, much of my inspiration on training comes from McCallum, and Liestner, and actually in NEW York back in the 50's and 60's many of the top bodybuilders trained, and hard heavy, high rep squats is what was happening.

I'm not interested in the bodybuilding scene, most men who are and train with other bodybuilders are always in comp. with themselves and others, always looking for the next best thing. NOT I, I do this to be a harder worker in life and jobs, this training does this, for me it's a waste to spend more time with the weights, and I need longer and longer recovery as my training gets more intense.

reguarding Mentzers approval, I'm not looking for anyones approval, however heres something neat I heard about Reg Park "he had half the weightroom on his back, the set never seemed to end, yet every rep looked like it was his last"

That is HARD training, and thats what it's about for me.

Febuary workout 2 years 2 months ago #36865

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
22-days

standing overhead presses (no push)
95x1
106x9 (add 10lb) 116x2

squat
172x3
208x1

230x15

deadlift
297x10

squats- wanted to quit at 10reps, got 5-more, got 3-more reps in the deads.

My numbers are about the same when I was at my strongest ever, and I'm a good 10-15lb lighter in BW- 170lb.

important stuff 2 years 1 month ago #36942

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
well I'm convinced I've discovered something here.

Not sure how long I'll be posting (computer time not easy)

MARCH workout

24-days

presses
110x7 (add 11lb) 121x3

squat 230x17
(2-reps better) again wanted to quit at 11-12

deadlift 297x10 (again)

I have no problem resting 26 days (or longer) for next.

I've gotten better results in 3-workouts and 3-months in strength gains and apperance than the last 5-years of training.

.......and I LOVE them cold showers!!!
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by The Babe.

Re: important stuff 2 years 1 month ago #36946

• veganbodybuilder
  • Athlete
  • None
Before and after pictures would have been nice. (I'm not referring to the shower.)

Re: important stuff 2 years 1 month ago #36954

• Cytrainer913
  • Super Natural
  • Health and PE teacher
  • Thank you received: 14
how about your bodyweight and inactivity and your bodyfat, is it being tested? just too long in between workouts in my opinion!
Craig Yarnall, CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro
"Want a Bigger BODY, shut up and SQUAT, DEEP!!!!"
"Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder"
"Train Hard and Stay Natural"
"Dr. Joe, Jr."

Re: 12 workouts a year 2 years 1 month ago #36981

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
I'm not one who looks too closely at these things, I think I've stated before the "training" the action of training very,very intense learning to be more intense in workouts is what I'm after.

I also don't eat very much so that is key in not looking like total crap, however since I do work very hard with the (weights when I do) I can and do eat whatever I want, and as much as I want.

see since I really don't get to kooky on how I look, I can get away with this experiment.

I don't advise this, since most people have ate or trained a certain way for years, you will not succeed with this.

Also there is a differance between a set of 20rep squats, and a set of hard, breathing squats, I'm doing the breathing squats.

All I can say is I fit into 32's easy, and eat cookies, cakes, and whole pizzas, and am in mid-30's, I'm sure I don't look fabulous to the fitness crowd, thats okay with me.

Re: 12 workouts a year 2 years 4 weeks ago #36991

• veganbodybuilder
  • Athlete
  • None
The Babe wrote:
All I can say is I fit into 32's easy, and eat cookies, cakes, and whole pizzas, and am in mid-30's, I'm sure I don't look fabulous to the fitness crowd, thats okay with me.

I wouldn't brag about this aspect. It's downright unhealthy, even if you're lean. Good diet, training, & rest -- the 3 pillars.

Re: 12 workouts a year 2 years 3 weeks ago #36996

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
not bragging, (I don't have much to brag about with this stuff, other than the fact I really don't need to workout every week at this present time). I have a feeling this is really a personal thing and folks just won't understand this one, but training while very,very important, comes a far second to other priorities in life.

the junk food is told because, well if I ate better, I'd probilly look better.

Re: 12 workouts a year 2 years 3 weeks ago #37000

• Cytrainer913
  • Super Natural
  • Health and PE teacher
  • Thank you received: 14
it's hard to think about once you are in the hospital and can't do anything in life, because you just suffered a stroke or heart attack, should that be important, sure if you have people to live for, IMO!
Craig Yarnall, CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro
"Want a Bigger BODY, shut up and SQUAT, DEEP!!!!"
"Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder"
"Train Hard and Stay Natural"
"Dr. Joe, Jr."

Re: 12 workouts a year 2 years 3 weeks ago #37001

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
I do understand what your saying, I've seen it myself.

look I don't eat junk everyday all day, with reguards to training thats why I say it's important, however we don't need to live in the gym to live healthy. (you can, and more power to you) (nothing wrong with it)

you are kinda preaching to the choir.

I'm also not interested to bragging AT ALL!!!!!!!

training hard and new discoveries however ARE interesting!
  • Page:
Moderators: DFBB76712, Diezel
Time to create page: 0.571 seconds

S5 Box

Please Like Us,,We're New to Facebook

The Muscle Maximizer Program