• Student
First weigh in April 1st 211.2 Pounds
Body fat estimate 20% based on measurements
Second weigh in April 29th 195.8
Body fat estimate 17% based on measurements
Total weight loss 15.4 Pounds
2" off waist
2" off hips
This is encouraging but not satisfying. I will Continue with updates.
New Goal July 1st
175 Pounds
8% Body Fat
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 11 months ago #13886

• Jgriff
  • New Trainer
  • Student
Todays workout
warm up eliptical 3 minutes
3x8 explosive deadlift 120 lbs
3x8 power clean 120 lbs
3x8 overhead squats 120 lbs
40 reverse crunches 25 toes to sky supersetted
rest
rest
with "thin tummy" during rest between
doesnt look like much (don't have much weight at home) but I tried to have as little rest as possible in between and do everything explosively. I was wiped after but I feel great. I get such a high when I exercise I love it. :clapping:
overhead squats are tough:dunno:

John

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 11 months ago #13892

• yadmit
  • Super Natural
  • Radio Announcer & part time trainer
Short rests and quick movements can do you in. Good work and nice changes!

t
Hit me up on FACEBOOK!

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 11 months ago #14220

• Jgriff
  • New Trainer
  • Student
Another weigh in before basketball today 85.5 kilos which is 188 pounds. Thats 23 pounds gone since April 1st I can't believe how fast the weight is going I thought I had plateaued this week. My goal of 175 is becoming reasonable. Every pound is harder to take off I guess as you get lighter but I'll just have to crank up the cardio which hasn't been very intense thus far. I've been losing fat off everything except my stomach but I guess you lose the fat in the order you gain it so thats coming. I'm so happy with my results. I got some pictures on my bros camera which I'll post when I can find the connector cord.

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 11 months ago #14250

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
  • Thank you received: 28
Jgriff wrote:
Another weigh in before basketball today 85.5 kilos which is 188 pounds. Thats 23 pounds gone since April 1st I can't believe how fast the weight is going I thought I had plateaued this week. My goal of 175 is becoming reasonable. Every pound is harder to take off I guess as you get lighter but I'll just have to crank up the cardio which hasn't been very intense thus far. I've been losing fat off everything except my stomach but I guess you lose the fat in the order you gain it so thats coming. I'm so happy with my results. I got some pictures on my bros camera which I'll post when I can find the connector cord.
Wow, I have to admit that your goals seemed a bit aggressive at first but you are definitely pulling it off.

Great Job!

Lift
Lift for Life - Natural Bodybuilding at it's Finest!
www.liftforlife.com

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 11 months ago #14277

• Jgriff
  • New Trainer
  • Student
I think a lot of factors are coming into it, the biggest probably being me starting work landscaping after school finished so I'm burning a lot of calories doing that. I'm down to the last 15 pounds and 7 weeks left.

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 11 months ago #14290

• Jgriff
  • New Trainer
  • Student
I've read a lot of places that people on low carb diets are supposed to have a lot less energy but I have found the complete opposite. Before I always ate a high percentage of carbs and I always crashed after eating felt like sleeping ect due to the surge of insulin I guess. But now I'm eating less and more frequently and I have high energy throughout the day. I think that genetics and ones previous diet come into play on what your energy levels will be on a low carb diet.I've read some people have a genetic "addiction" to carbs. What do you think??

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 11 months ago #14292

• Jgriff
  • New Trainer
  • Student
Also another question now that my body fat % is coming down im starting to notice I really don't have very defined abs. I know it will help when I lose another 10 pounds but how often should I be training my abs or should I be isolating them at all and just use squats and other core lifts which work them more? Right now im doing a couple supersets of various ab exercises at the end of my workouts probably 2-3 times a week. What has worked best for you?

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 7 months ago #19424

• Jgriff
  • New Trainer
  • Student
Hello its been a while and I've fell off the wagon and I've been struggling my gf recently moved 4 hours away so of course ive been feeling sorry for myself and eating crap and being lazy but I realize I need to stay sane by exercising. My weights been fluctuating between 185-195 so I still have another 10-15 pounds to go. Last time I lost weight it came off extremely fast but not in the right places, i guess i lost a lot of water weight, so im learning to listen to what everyone says now and only shoot for 1-2 pounds per week because I want to keep it off this time. My diets been clean and basic and my training (last couple weeks) has been simple full body 2-3 times a week going for max fat loss.
That said I have a couple questions
Should i be training differently for max fat loss?
I want to add muscle in some areas is it possible to cut and bulk at the same time.
Is a split going to be more effective than full body workouts?
Thanks for your help

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 7 months ago #19428

• Jgriff
  • New Trainer
  • Student
heres a picture sorry about the flash
Attachments:

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 7 months ago #19430

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
Hello Jgriff, nice to see you back.
Sorry about the girlfriend moving 4 hours away, that can really be tough on a guy.
That said I have a couple questions
Should i be training differently for max fat loss?
I want to add muscle in some areas is it possible to cut and bulk at the same time.
Is a split going to be more effective than full body workouts?
Answers:
Yes - You should train differently for max fat loss however based on the pic that you posted, you don't have a lot of fat to worry about.

Yes - It is difficult to cut and bulk at the same time (possible but difficult). My advise to you would be to bulk while continuing a clean diet. You still want a calorie surplus (more than required for maintenance) to pack on the additional muscle. The extra muscle will then in turn increase the amount of calories that your body burns even while at rest. If you had a lot of fat to lose, I would advise differently.

Yes - A split routine is more effective for fat loss however if you decide to focus on bulking, a split routine is not only not necessary, it may retard your progress.

Lift
www.liftforlife.com

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 7 months ago #19431

• Jgriff
  • New Trainer
  • Student
so in this case would you recommend clean bulk and training one body part per day with cardio 3-5 x a week or....as far as goals go I'm looking for more of a Anthony Catanzaro and less of a Jay cutler physique

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 7 months ago #19460

• Jgriff
  • New Trainer
  • Student
Mondays- Legs
Deadlift 2*5 210
3*3 230
Split Squats
3*8 -60 Lbs Both Legs
Overhead Squat
2-25 pound dumbells
8 with one arm then switch arms and another 8
Stretching
Enough Volume?

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 7 months ago #19472

• Tim07
  • Totally Natural
  • Retail
Lift for Life wrote:
Hello Jgriff, nice to see you back.
Sorry about the girlfriend moving 4 hours away, that can really be tough on a guy.
Answers:
Yes - You should train differently for max fat loss however based on the pic that you posted, you don't have a lot of fat to worry about.

Yes - It is difficult to cut and bulk at the same time (possible but difficult). My advise to you would be to bulk while continuing a clean diet. You still want a calorie surplus (more than required for maintenance) to pack on the additional muscle. The extra muscle will then in turn increase the amount of calories that your body burns even while at rest. If you had a lot of fat to lose, I would advise differently.

Yes - A split routine is more effective for fat loss however if you decide to focus on bulking, a split routine is not only not necessary, it may retard your progress.

Lift

I agree with lift its hard, I am a hard gainer and I do a split routine. I do 3 days on 1 day off. I have been losing some weight but gaining some size. Dunno where it is coming from but I am not complaining. I also lift to failure, if you think you don't have anything in your tank try to get a few more out. I can almost gurantee that if you lift to failure your body will react, especially on the legs. I have found that if I crush my legs the rest of my body tries to catch up, thus baby step gains. Good luck on your progress it looks like you are doing great.
Tim

Everyday is a Choice, what will yours be today?

RE:Jgriff's Progress Journal 5 years 7 months ago #19487

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
Jgriff wrote:
so in this case would you recommend clean bulk and training one body part per day with cardio 3-5 x a week or....as far as goals go I'm looking for more of a Anthony Catanzaro and less of a Jay cutler physique
Not one body part per day, but one movement type. I believe very strongly in the push / pull strategy and split workouts into push days and pull days. For instance, with very few exceptions, you can only work your chest and triceps with pushing movements. Pulling movements are required to work the biceps and the back. Combining push and pull movements in the same day has the effect of pre-exhausting the target area before moving into heavier weights. For instance, preforming bicep curls prior to tricep pushdowns will give you a hellacious pump, but you will not get the full benefit of a targeted tricep workout.

Most people however (myself included) are quick to recommend what has personally worked well for them.

Full body or multiple movement workouts are of benefit, but will not produce the same quality of result in the long term as my super patented improved and guaranteed push/pull philosophy.

My 2 cents

Lift
www.liftforlife.com
  • Page:
Moderators: DFBB76712, Diezel
Time to create page: 0.635 seconds

S5 Box

Please Like Us,,We're New to Facebook

The Muscle Maximizer Program