Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Physical work as the basis for a good physique

Physical work as the basis for a good physique 2 years 9 months ago #35587

• william60s
  • New Trainer
  • None
Hi fellow members, I was encouraged to share the secret of my physique. In my case, it is due basically to the nature of my work. As a landscape contractor, there is lots of physical labour involved. The work may not always be heavy-
but it is repetitive
-so it is possible to build a fairly decent physique like mine
. Hope the information is useful, comments please. Thanks.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by william60s.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Physical work as the basis for a good physique 2 years 8 months ago #35659

• veganbodybuilder
  • Athlete
  • None
  • Thank you received: 2
Sure, it certainly makes sense. I have a "desk" job, so I make it a point to work out 7 days/week. On the days that I don't hit the gym, and I don't feel like doing a standard cardio workout, I do yard work. So long as I keep up the pace, it turns out to be a quite good workout in itself -- plus that damn yard work needs to get done anyways!

A side note: I can't believe the number of people that now own seated lawn mowers. Most of the people I see using them are so out of shape. Are Americans doing everything they possibly can to NOT get any exercise?

Re: Physical work as the basis for a good physique 2 years 8 months ago #35670

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
  • Thank you received: 28
Speaking of seated mowers,,, what about the motorized shopping carts. I'm not talking about people with legitimate disabilities, but just overweight people who drive around the parking lot or hold up people behind then while they wait to get the closest spot,, and then hop on a motorized shopping cart and load it with junk food.

These people would be better served to park as far away from the store as possible just to increase their walking distance,, and then read the labels on everything they purchase.

I know,,, its their "genetics",,,,,
Lift for Life - Natural Bodybuilding at it's Finest!
www.liftforlife.com
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by admin.

Re: Physical work as the basis for a good physique 2 years 8 months ago #35672

• william60s
  • New Trainer
  • None
Put it down to affluence and the pursuit of physical comforts. We are slowly but surely getting the same health issues related to affluence here in Singapore

Re: Physical work as the basis for a good physique 2 years 8 months ago #35782

• CharlesS
  • Aspiring Athlete
  • None
  • Thank you received: 1
I used to do construction work so I can relate. Back in those days I used to be able to eat a lot and I never gained any weight. Of course I knew better to stay away from junk foods such as cake. I even used to be able to eat as much cheese as I wanted.

Now days that I am an office worker its a bit different. I can't eat a real lot of calories anymore. Well sometimes I can get away with it, but not every day. I really do have to work on eliminating foods dense in calories a lot of the time in order to keep my weight down.

william60's,
I bet your eating style is a lot different than how the typical american eats, even aspiring bodybuilders. What I have found is that the way americans think about food is so much different than in other countries, again even with aspiring bodybuilders. Everyone is so afraid of missing this meal or that meal for health reasons, yet they wonder why despite their best efforts to "eat" the right foods, they continue to get fat. Could it be that we think about food in such a way that causes us to mindlessly eat way too much food even when eating "good" kinds? Probably.

Anyways, I'd definitely like to hear about your eating style, what types of food, how many meals, and at what times. My bet its nothing complicated. But still, nothing like what americans eat, quantity wise that is.

Re: Physical work as the basis for a good physique 2 years 8 months ago #35783

• CharlesS
  • Aspiring Athlete
  • None
  • Thank you received: 1
william60s wrote:
Put it down to affluence and the pursuit of physical comforts. We are slowly but surely getting the same health issues related to affluence here in Singapore

I bet, in many other countries too. Its a good thing that people aren't starving as much. Heck, here in the USA we have poor people who are fat. With such affluence and access to all sorts of tasty and calorie dense foods, people have to learn how to make better choices if they care about their health. I guess some people don't.

Re: Physical work as the basis for a good physique 2 years 7 months ago #35828

• william60s
  • New Trainer
  • None
Hi Charles,

I don't actually eat a lot by American standards. For lunch and dinner its typically 1 and a half cups of rice, with two servings of vegetables and one serving of lean meat. Breakfast is high on carbohydrates. Typically about a cups worth of rice noodles. With a cup of strong coffee to wash it down. I hope that helps.

CharlesS wrote:
I used to do construction work so I can relate. Back in those days I used to be able to eat a lot and I never gained any weight. Of course I knew better to stay away from junk foods such as cake. I even used to be able to eat as much cheese as I wanted.

Now days that I am an office worker its a bit different. I can't eat a real lot of calories anymore. Well sometimes I can get away with it, but not every day. I really do have to work on eliminating foods dense in calories a lot of the time in order to keep my weight down.

william60's,
I bet your eating style is a lot different than how the typical american eats, even aspiring bodybuilders. What I have found is that the way americans think about food is so much different than in other countries, again even with aspiring bodybuilders. Everyone is so afraid of missing this meal or that meal for health reasons, yet they wonder why despite their best efforts to "eat" the right foods, they continue to get fat. Could it be that we think about food in such a way that causes us to mindlessly eat way too much food even when eating "good" kinds? Probably.

Anyways, I'd definitely like to hear about your eating style, what types of food, how many meals, and at what times. My bet its nothing complicated. But still, nothing like what americans eat, quantity wise that is.

Re: Physical work as the basis for a good physique 2 years 2 months ago #36800

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
What an awsome thread.

In the "irongame" one would think lifting weights would toughen men up, but I here alot men who lift wieghts who act like.... well, living a life of leasure for fear it will cause harm for gains.

(and I'm not talking about working office jobs eithier, a job is a job, and if office stuff is ones calling, awsome)

one can take ANY type of work and make it a part of their training.

As for food I got caught-up in eating 6-meals aday, and at work I acted like a......well I also stayed fat even eating all protein.

now I'm lean and mean cause I eat very little, and when I do it's mostly just plain whole wheat bread, I'm more energized because of it, work circles around them......

I was on a moving job once, with another "irongamer" good man, tough man, family man we had to carry a 500lb safer, we think the same, turn it into a workout, forget the hand truck, lets carry the sucker, took us 6-times to get where we wanted it, forearms where sore for 3-days, "forearm belly" "wrists" ect.

We moved it on lunch break, so we didn't waste company time by neglecting the hand truck.
  • Page:
Moderators: DFBB76712, Diezel
Time to create page: 0.552 seconds

S5 Box

Please Like Us,,We're New to Facebook

The Muscle Maximizer Program