Monday April 21, 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fred Yale indicates banned substances used in natural shows?

Fred Yale indicates banned substances used in natural shows? 3 years 8 months ago #32233

• veganbodybuilder
  • Athlete
  • None
  • Thank you received: 2
This post by Fred Yale (who apparently has a significant past in promoting bodybuilding) indicates that many natural shows are allowing competitors to use banned substances. See the 2nd paragraph. Could it be true?

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2430086077&topic=2647
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Fred Yale indicates banned substances used in natural shows? 3 years 8 months ago #32235

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
  • Thank you received: 28
Interesting post, interesting article.
While I suspect that there is a level of truth to the authors claims, I would hesitate to lay this as a blanket accusation against promoters in general of the sport of natural bodybuilding. The author doesn't give any examples or name any organizations which leaves me wondering if he has arrived at these conclusions first hand or if perhaps the evidence is anecdotal.

On the other hand, it is common for me to receive notification from competitors who feel that a promoter did a poor job in organizing an event of accuse judges of bias, but I have not received accusation of promotes giving a free pass to enhanced athletes.

Still,,,, the author has introduced an element of suspicion, I'll keep my ears open.

Edited: Just had to add the paragraph below from the authors comments,,
I have found that a large majority of competitors are genuinely concerned for their health. We must strongly promote drug-free bodybuilding through honest marketing avenues, not through deceptive advertising ploys and promoters who are just looking for "numbers." Promoters must encourage teen competitors to participate by establishing a proven track record of honest drug testing. Company owners need to be honest in their advertising. Although they may be profiting financially, they can't promote one's health and well being by fooling the customer or competitor. A major supplement producer once told me candidly that, if he did not use "steroid users" in his ads, he would not make any money! I'm happy to say that there are a few companies that don't adhere to this practice. To the rest of you I say, "Get on board!" There is business for everyone on the natural and honest level.

- Fred Yale

Amen!

Lift
Lift for Life - Natural Bodybuilding at it's Finest!
www.liftforlife.com

RE:Fred Yale indicates banned substances used in natural shows? 3 years 7 months ago #32497

yea I too find it ridiculous how supp companies only use models/bbers that are using. It would be nice as a fellow natural competitor to really see how my competition will look, or what I can strive to look like.

However the simple solution to keep natural competitors honest is to require a polygraph test pre comp. I have to take one in a few weeks...if you end up lying you're pic is taken and your banned, for life from the the federation, if i'm not mistaken.

RE:Fred Yale indicates banned substances used in natural shows? 3 years 7 months ago #32503

• bharrop
  • Heavy Lifter
  • None
  • Thank you received: 1
veganbodybuilder wrote:
This post by Fred Yale (who apparently has a significant past in promoting bodybuilding) indicates that many natural shows are allowing competitors to use banned substances. See the 2nd paragraph. Could it be true?

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2430086077&topic=2647

It is very simple to pass a poly that is given at these natural shows. It takes a hell of a lot more time to set up and administer than the 10 minute they alot. It is just the first line of defense to deter the losers. Anyway anyone who goes on to beat the poly and actually wins a pro qualifier will need to submit a urine sample immediately before leaving the stage.
I can tell you for a fact the middleweight at a show I did in 2007 beat me in the overall and took the spot light from me. Collecting his overall trophy and a nice photo shoot only to have the promoter call me 2 weeks later and hand me the win. So they do fail them you just don't always see it. His name was erased from the placements and only the organization bans him. They don't publicize it.
Go here and link to the failed athletes. http://www.naturalbodybuilding.com/
I think every organization should poster boy these cheaters as the INBA does.

Everyone

RE:Fred Yale indicates banned substances used in natural shows? 3 years 6 months ago #32744

• veganbodybuilder
  • Athlete
  • None
  • Thank you received: 2
Yes, I was listening to NaturalBodybuildingRadio.com the other day to hear that a certain "The Truth" (hint, hint) top competitor was not so truthful in the past and was banned for several years from an organization. But these things don't seem to be publicized widely -- except for the INBA, of course. And surprisingly, cheaters do still enter INBA contests. (Are they crazy?)
  • Page:
Moderators: DFBB76712, Diezel
Time to create page: 0.530 seconds

S5 Box

Please Like Us,,We're New to Facebook

Login Form

The Muscle Maximizer Program