Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: am fasted cardio-NOT GOOD

Re: am fasted cardio-NOT GOOD 2 years 7 months ago #35923

• Cytrainer913
  • Super Natural
  • Health and PE teacher
  • Thank you received: 14
Xtend counts and is as good as food. I think 5 g's of BCAAS is as good as 20 g's of protein, so basically you are not fasted, if you did not consume that before the workout yes you would be fasted the food from last night really doesn't count towards not being fasted.

So thats should be good enough for you to get through and retain your muscle.
Craig Yarnall, CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro
"Want a Bigger BODY, shut up and SQUAT, DEEP!!!!"
"Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder"
"Train Hard and Stay Natural"
"Dr. Joe, Jr."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: am fasted cardio-NOT GOOD 2 years 7 months ago #35924

• tjoakland
  • New Trainer
Thanks for the info. Guess I should have stated that in my original reply. I am new at this and didn't mean to steer anyone in the wrong direction. Also didn't expect to be insulted from leaving out all the particulars. I realize what I left out was very important,but c'mon people lighten up. I made a simple mistake the first time I ever replied in a forum. Next time I'll try not to upset all the scientists.

start up a journal 2 years 7 months ago #35926

• Cytrainer913
  • Super Natural
  • Health and PE teacher
Let's see how you are doing with your workouts and the from there if you want to get ready for that show coming up, it will mean tracking the cals from everything

and adjust on the way down!

Protein

Carbs

Fats
"Dr. Joe, Jr."

Re: start up a journal 2 years 7 months ago #35927

• tjoakland
  • New Trainer
Thank You for your input and advice,much appreciated. If you have time I'd like to get your thoughts on my morning so far. For full disclosure, I'm 5'10 248lbs At 5:50a.m. 2 CLA gels. 6a.m. 2/3 cop oatmeal with Whey shake 8 oz skim milk 1 tbl spoon flax oil400iu vit. E, multi and green tea extract. 516 cals 49g.carb 41g.protein 21g.fat. 40 min.later 4 Kre-Alkalyn caps. Hit gym at 7:30, warm up deltd for 10 min. due to prev. injuries. 20 mins.hit traing, 2 supersets of triple drop mach. side lat with 11/4 reps mach.press 1 more set full reps on presses. 2 sets db bent lat. then 2 triple drop sets mach. rear delt. 2nd set 11/4 reps on trip drop. Delts pumped and fried. Oh, forgot, after 1st.s.sets 2 sets cable side lats. Triple drop tri pressdowns s.set naut dip 11/4's 2 s.sets. 2 single arm naut tri press 1/14's Tri's done.3 sets forearm curls. soon as got in car finished other half of xtend 2 krealkalyn, glutamine sipping gatorade ride home 45 min total workout. post shake with remaining gatorade and whey total 412 cal 50g pro 56 carb 2 fish oil gels multi, e-400 green tea extract. Busy morning.Workout was intense and still pumped! Next meal in 2 hours will be salad with 8oz chicken breast and 8oz sweet potato. Dressing is 1tbl spoon extra virgin olive oil with red wine vinegar. No sugar. Rest of day will be every 31/2 hours or so 30 to 40 grams of protein with very little carbs and only quality oils for fat. If you're interested my e-mail is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Would appreciate your input, cause I know you have the experience and know more about bodybuilding than I do.

To the one who likes to throw insults 2 years 7 months ago #35932

• tjoakland
  • New Trainer
Oh, if you're talking about me, tjoakland, I sure am real and not a troll. If you don't believe it and want to throw around insults, I'll be glad to give you my name and address and see if you still want to insult someone face to face.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by tjoakland.

Re: To the one who likes to throw insults 2 years 7 months ago #35935

• Cytrainer913
  • Super Natural
  • Health and PE teacher
what are referring to? something i said? don't understand the hostility?
"Dr. Joe, Jr."

Re: To the one who likes to throw insults 2 years 7 months ago #35936

• Cytrainer913
  • Super Natural
  • Health and PE teacher
did someone say something and the delete it?
"Dr. Joe, Jr."

Re: To the one who likes to throw insults 2 years 7 months ago #35937

• tjoakland
  • New Trainer
No absolutely not meant for you. Sorry for misunderstanding. When I replied about cardio on an empty stomach someone namedGPC26 said he didn't know if I was real and said I was a troll and shouldn't comment if I didn't know anything. Again,very sorry for misunderstanding I know by reading your replies that you are above that. That other guy kinda got on my nerves. I'll know better next time to just ignore insults.

Re: To the one who likes to throw insults 2 years 7 months ago #35941

• tjoakland
  • New Trainer
Hi, tjoakland here. Hope you received my sincere apology. I was wondering if you had a chance to look at my morning diet and workout from Tusday. Would love to hear your opinion and any advice you could offer. Today is an off day for resistance training, so for my a.m. cardio I added 25g whey to my serving of xtend and 2 cups black coffee and did treadmill for 55 min., including 5 min.gradual warmup to my target 3.2 mph and 5 min. slow down. Also about 10 min. ab training. Soon as I got home from gym, about 15 min. later, had 2/3 cup of oatmeal, real oats, not the instant loaded with sugar, and a 50g whey shake with a handful of frozen fruit. Feeling great and dedicated and focused on achieving my goals. I am going back to short very high intensity workouts for 6 to 8 weeks so I can gradually add more cardio and get a little more strict with diet. By shorter workouts I mean all out train to absolute failure for 2 sets per exercise, ala Dorian Yates style, adjusted to my age and being natural, of course. I've had success with this in the past, but for 2 months at the most before I start breaking down. Then I'll go back to more traditional training or even go light and high reps to give these old bones a break. A week off totally may even cross my mind.Oh, I don't think I mentioned I drink a gallon and a half or so of water daily. If you are so inclined, I'd appreciate any advice or comments you could offer.

Re: To the one who likes to throw insults 2 years 7 months ago #35970

• GPC26
  • Heavy Lifter
tjoakland wrote:
Oh, if you're talking about me, tjoakland, I sure am real and not a troll. If you don't believe it and want to throw around insults, I'll be glad to give you my name and address and see if you still want to insult someone face to face.

Okay, I am finally back from vacation and can respond this comment. First of all, if you bothered to actually read the posts in order you will see that I wasn't even talking to you, I was responding to "jamwithtupac" in regards to his comment which said the following: "so many flaws in everything posted here... unless you want to waste leg muscle and burn more carbs do HIIT cardio which is not as good !"

I hate when people make such comments without backing up their opinion with any type of research. Just to inform everyone, you will NOT waste leg muscle by doing HIIT cardio, that is just an absurd thing to say.

tjoakland, you can ask anyone on this website that reads my posts and they will tell you I am the farthest thing from a troublemaker or a bully. I try to help everyone on here as best I can because this is something I am passionate about. I am not going to lower myself and get into "e-fights" online waste everyone's time. You can keep your name and address, but thanks for asking.

Anyway, as I said , my comment wasn't even meant for you. I am sorry if anyone was annoyed by the banter in this thread while they were looking to positively contribute to the conversation.

Re: To the one who likes to throw insults 2 years 7 months ago #35973

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
  • Thank you received: 28
I don't get what happened in this thread either,,, nothing in the sequence would suggest an insult and no post have been deleted.

tjoakland, please read all post carefully before posting any inflammatory responses
Lift for Life - Natural Bodybuilding at it's Finest!
www.liftforlife.com

Re: am fasted cardio-NOT GOOD 1 year 10 months ago #37200

• The Babe
  • Athlete
  • None
while there is a binge right around the corner from fasting, fasting and "good" strength training can motavate a person to eat healthier.

years ago I would perform 30-50 rep squats first thing in the morning without any food. While I certainly would do it differantly now because I got what I wnated out of it, no need to continue that (I'm glad it did it) however I got the leanness I wanted and is easy to maintain now, I also got tough as heck, I'm energized as soon as I wake up now, no matter what time, while everyone else is sluggish and neeeds there coffee, I've done a 2-3man job the amount of time it takes them to "get ready".

This has stayed with me all this time, it helps to squat for high reps every so often though to work harder on the job (like once a month LOL)
  • Page:
Moderators: DFBB76712, Diezel
Time to create page: 0.600 seconds

S5 Box

Please Like Us,,We're New to Facebook

Login Form

The Muscle Maximizer Program