Monday April 21, 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: S.a.d

S.a.d 3 years 10 months ago #31546

like most, long story short...... Seasonal Affective Disorder...getting depressed by not having enough sunlight.....

I was diagnosed with this when i was in my 20's. I went thru psychiatric treatment, did different medications etc.... with a life style change, friends, food, home etc... i am better than ever. I still experience it but in moderate dosages.

I own and use a sun lamp as well as halogen light bulbs whenever possible. I lift and get my heart rate up and that almost cures it, it is getting to the gym, or on the exercise equipment that is the hurdle. sucks when it is hardest when you need it the most!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:S.a.d 3 years 10 months ago #31548

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
  • Thank you received: 28
I'm glad that you have your condition mostly under control. Its also great that you are using exercise as a treatment.
I've got a book on hold at the library regarding the relationship between exercise and mental health. It seems that most mental health practitioners choose to ignore this and as a result most patients receive drug therapy only.

Glad to here that you are doing well!

Lift
Lift for Life - Natural Bodybuilding at it's Finest!
www.liftforlife.com

RE:S.a.d 3 years 10 months ago #31558

Lift for Life wrote:
I'm glad that you have your condition mostly under control. Its also great that you are using exercise as a treatment.
I've got a book on hold at the library regarding the relationship between exercise and mental health. It seems that most mental health practitioners choose to ignore this and as a result most patients receive drug therapy only.

Glad to here that you are doing well!

Lift

thanks (i've kept you busy... lol)

In my personal opinion, everyone i spoke with was QUICK to give me drugs. When *I* mentioned exercise the answer i got was, "you could try that"......

RE:S.a.d 3 years 10 months ago #31564

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Manager / Webmaster
  • Thank you received: 28
Mountainrock wrote:
thanks (i've kept you busy... lol)

In my personal opinion, everyone i spoke with was QUICK to give me drugs. When *I* mentioned exercise the answer i got was, "you could try that"......
The fact that exercise is effective in reducing symptoms of depression and improving overall health doesn't seem to get much attention in the medical community,,, lip service at best. How unfortunate.

I prescribe half an hour or more of cardio as needed coupled with regular resistance training,,, :D

Lift
Lift for Life - Natural Bodybuilding at it's Finest!
www.liftforlife.com

RE:S.a.d 3 years 10 months ago #31571

Lift for Life wrote:
The fact that exercise is effective in reducing symptoms of depression and improving overall health doesn't seem to get much attention in the medical community,,, lip service at best. How unfortunate.

I prescribe half an hour or more of cardio as needed coupled with regular resistance training,,, :D

Lift

thnx Doc, i'll call ya in the morning ;) hehehe

RE:S.a.d 3 years 9 months ago #31713

well found a new road block.

I have been down for a few days now. not deep, but i am not my "normal" self and the sun has been shining. I do know (believe) my mood is being caused by stress. I have a handful of projects, kids etc... and not been able to fit a workout in so i am bottleing up a lot of stuff and holding it in. I need a release, and a way to handle the stress.

I practice "self" acupressure but am amiture at this. I would like to find a quality/qualified place locally and embark on a session to see if i am doing it accurately.

In the mean time, i checked into the childcare at an old gym i used to go to. I will see how the kids like it.
  • Page:
Moderators: DFBB76712, Diezel
Time to create page: 0.523 seconds

S5 Box

Please Like Us,,We're New to Facebook

Login Form

The Muscle Maximizer Program